Monday, November 19, 2012

11/19/12 - After being in the small village of Jemez Springs, I feel somewhat in culture shock in this large and commercial city of Albuquerque.

Spent the day browsing and doddling for quiet-like activities and ended up at the botanical gardens and aquarium.  The gardens were a disappointment (it's so late in the season), although I enjoyed the peaceful walk and the dragon entrance.


Standing at the garden wishing well
I recall the magic of my youth.
Throwing a penny into the welcoming waters
still conjurs up an innocent child-like thrill!

 

 At the aquarium I was transfixed by the stingrays. 
What amazing creatures they are. 


This stingray seemed to be as fascinated with me as much as I was with it
splashing the top of the water, exposing its underbelly
with deep set eyes following my every move.


Walked around Albuquerque's Old Town.  Relaxed in this beautiful historic San Felipe de Neri Church.  The oldest church in Albuquerque founded in 1706, followed by several renovations.



My heart sighed upon seeing this encased replica of Jesus.
Memories of my Catholic upbringing flooding in.
Sitting non-judgmentally, I heard these words rise up
from the silence within me:

Your heart is heavy with history
The invasions and ridicules
through many periods of time.
Let is all go
and shine your light
knowing that you must only move forward
where the tide is turning.

The seed within the circle
pulsing everything together
unites the ancient and the new.

New Voice & Vision
hand prints & footsteps
are yielding new beginnings.

The way is being paved
listen and feel into the silence
where the Truth of Light
and 
Sacred of Heart dwells.


More browsing and doddling in Old Town.  I never tire of adobe buildings and desert landscape.
My spirit feels at home.  I had my first cactus fries, prickly pear cactus ice tea and the best fish tacos ever!


By mid-afternoon my energy was waning from doing the tourist thing, and that was only from combing a very small number of galleries and shops amidst several blocks. Shopping for me is not as much about buying than it is connecting.  What gives my life such deep meaning and quality is that  my built in beautiful people antennae seeks out and attracts beautiful souls with whom I can share an instantaneous resonant connection.  As a soul essence artist, it gives me great pleasure to attract other soul-inspired artists. With that said, I met David Behren today from Painted Sky Gallery and Gifts.  The depth of connection eye to eye, soul to soul is what I call optimum living.  These are the connections that I live for.  As I told David before departing the gallery, his work is so incredible there are no words to describe.  
 See for yourself!
Check out David's work at:
 www.facebook.com/Painted Sky Gallery 
Certainly if you find yourself in Albuquerque
visit Painted Sky

Back at the Albuquerque hostel for another good night's sleep...to my surprise in walks Charlie (a  young woman from England) who was my hostel roommate in Memphis, Tennessee.  Yes indeed, it's a connected world!

                                                                       Hostel Mural


Thank you Rte 66 hostel for the clean, restful, hospitable stay.

Hostels are the way to go!
 
Absolutely hostels are this traveler's way!


No comments:

Post a Comment