Monday, November 12, 2012

11/12/12 - I shall begin this blog post with an email that a dear sister that I stayed with along my journey emailed me and my response follows.

"I really wish that you could see the changes that i see manifesting within and without you....your photos are so beauteous. What a joyous travel experience for you."  DGW
Thank you DGW for seeing the changes within me.  I feel what you are speaking about.  I am honored that you see me so clearly.  Today has deeply been a Renya Rainbow Feather Day and so I wrap my feathery arms around you. 

I am in Jemez Springs, New Mexico.  As the dots of my journey connect step-by-step, Betty from Oklahoma hooked me up with her dear friends Myra and Glen who have graciously received me into their beautiful home.

The drive from Santa Fe to Jemez Springs was majestic! Jemez is a scenic byway, located on State Highway 4, approx. 55 miles northwest of Albuquerque and has one of the most spectacular scenic routes in the nation, winding through unique geological formations, pristine forests and sparkling trout streams. 
 
I was warned in Santa Fe to be watchful of the speed limits as I neared the Jemez Pueblo village which I deeply made note of at the time.  However, once in the mountains with my sight mesmerized by the beauty and power of this place, I completely forgot about watching out for speed limit signs dramatically alternating from 20-50 mph, which landed me a brief conversation with a police officer and a warning ticket.  Haven't been pulled over in more years than I recall, which is why I received a warning instead of a ticket - thank goodness for that blessing! 

Thanks to Glen, today I attended the Jemez Springs Pueblo Feast Day on the Jemez Rez. The Pueblo of Jemez (pronounced HAY-mess) has welcomed me to Walatowa, meaning "This is the place" in the Towa language.  The Pueblo of Jemez is rich with culture, history and traditions. The honor of meeting and feasting in three Pueblo Village homes, watching the two clans (Turquoise and Pumpkin) of men, women and children in great numbers dressed in native attire, bodies painted with sacred meaning, dancing with reverence step after step for such long periods of time is very difficult for me to find language to express.  As much as I would have loved to have taken photos, it was not allowed.  The village is closed except for a few certain occasions such as today's feast day.  My long desired prayer to have an authentic ceremonial close-up experience has been fulfilled and I would love to have many more such as this one.  Thank you Betty & Glen for connecting me with this opportunity for which I AM most grateful!



The depth of my experience today has somehow cracked open my love for all the different eyes of HU-mankind that shine on Mama Earth's sacred ground.  Each one I see, I seem to recognize as kin from within my inner eye. The stirring in my soul to commune with the ancient ones outside of me as well as the ancient one within me is having its way with me. These words I have just written are from the womb of my existence. 

After the Feast Day, Glen took me to various sacred places here that are spiraling, spinning and weaving within me.  The name Renya Rainbow Feather given to me many years ago is being reactivated as I breathe in CommUnion with the Spirit of this Land, those that are here now, and those that have breathed, walked, sang, danced before us.

These are the only words within me now.  Here are photos that speak for me.

 


Thank you dear brother, Glen for this blessed day

                   and the generosity you bestow.
                                                            

                                                                     friends forever!
 

To top off this extraordinary day, bathed in mineral springs of 110 degrees under the vast blanket of stars, scurrying along the mossy rock foundation in the chilly air of 23 degrees. Tentative about that hot of a temperature, and then willing to risk the dip.....the Moon Moss in me was renewed by the misty enchanting experience.

Bed now beckons and I say "yes!"

1 comment:

  1. Renya, This looks amazing and so do you! Enjoying your words and pictures!

    ReplyDelete