Thursday, November 8, 2012

11/8/12 -  Today is bittersweet - my last day in Oklahoma.  I've been here 11 days.  As with all the previous places I've visited, I would love to stay longer, and yet there's an inner impulse that continues to move me forward. 

 So... my last day for wwoofing at Betty's.  Helping out with gardening and animals has been a blast!

This morning after the animal feeding routine, Betty, Nate and I headed down the road with three 5 gallon buckets to pick persimmons and we managed to fill all of them pretty close to the top. Nate was the tree climber, Betty and I were the ground pickers. What! I didn't bring my camera!


This afternoon Betty & I sifted 2 bins of worms...it's quite a process creating biodynamic compost!
All of a sudden, guess who helped herself through the doggy door into the house?  That was a first! However did she manage to get through that small entrance way.


 Daisy Mae... what are you doing in here?
 Let's see if she can get out the way she came in?
 mmm.... not sure
 Checking it out!
 looks like there's no other option
 so.... here she goes....
Back to munching on oak leaves

Every morning I've been feather foraging - accumulating an abundance of rooster, hen, and duck feathers for making my prayer bundles.  This was my best try at capturing with camera rooster's shiny green metallic feathers. 



Betty & I & Mojava on the berm house rooftop

HAPPY * JOYOUS * FREE
To quote song lyrics by an author I do not recall
I will ride
I will fly
Chase the Wind
Touch the Sky 
AND STRONG!


Before the sun sets, I'm in my car headed down the street to take photos of favorite spots.


Red clay and wood intrigues my artist eye

Water soothes my soul

Sky conjurs infinite possibilities
(I see two cloud beings nearly kissing)


I sure have enjoyed my stay in Oklahoma!

      Thank you Betty for many incredible memories, valuable learning and good ole' fun!

                I deeply desire to come back this way again for more work and play!!!

                         I hope Nate and Chelsea are still here wwoofing when I return!





Blog readers: Are you curious where I'm heading next?  Stay tuned!







1 comment:

  1. Especially love the photos of Daisy Mae and Betty. The 1st pic you sent of her and her weaving struck me instantly as 'just another myself'. Sooo beautiful to see you there. All of us who have been sharing your travels are connected as your family.... no surprise that the hardened hands and immense glow from living a fullness shows throughout all our faces. Thinking I won't be putting in a doggy-door----but would love for Betty and Daisy Mae to drop by for tea anytime.Thanks for fine-tuning your FB postings. LOVE the kitty in the shoe....LOVE your sharing. Thanks for staying connected to this 'getting longer all the time' list of your loved family. Embracing your travel and holding you warmly in my heart.
    -Dancing Green Woman

    ReplyDelete