Friday, November 9, 2012

11/9/12 - Tonight is my last evening in OklahomaFor the past 11 days while visiting/working with Betty in Norman, Oklahoma, I've been desiring an experience of the Oklahoma Tribal peoples before I depart this state.  Betty suggested I drive a couple extra hours on my way to Amarillo, Texas to visit the Southern Plains Indian Museum in Anadarko - a city in Caddo County on the beautiful Plains of Western Oklahoma.  To my delight, Betty decided to come too; each of us driving our own cars. 

Both of our GPSs were confused about where the entrance was. A local man assisted us with directions and once there, we were greeted with locked doors.  It turns out that the museum was closed at the time we arrived because of a private photography session.  A short jaunt down the street Betty & I explored another possibility, the Anadarko Visitor's Center and the National Hall of Fame (Statuary Gardens) for Famous American Indians.

Betty and I were greeted by Dorothy Whitehorse, an American Indian volunteer.  While Betty and I stood in awe of the numerous bronze sculptures, (pics of 2 below) 
Dorothy shared that in the past this was a thriving Visitor's Center.  In current time it lacks the morale support to adequately sustain it. As Dorothy shared this story, I was inwardly reminded of the words given to me by the Spirit of Manataka in Hot Springs.  "Say what you see.  Do what you know." In this moment I understand even more their meaning as my heart throbs with compassionate co*creative power and presence of voice offering hope and upliftment.

All of a sudden I extend my hands and heart to Dorothy and say, " I am on a journey planting prayer seeds across America to bring forth rebirth and change for the Highest Good of All and I would like to join you in energizing your prayer for morale support of this valuable sacred Visitor's Center and the building of a Brush Arbor on the North side of the land as you envision"

I Love You in Kiowa means I hold you close to my Heart
Here is Grandma Dorothy Whitehorse and I after we held hands and planted our prayer seed in sacred kinship collaboration for the Highest Good of All.  Dorothy is a traditional storyteller from the Kiowa Five Tribe
This photo on the museum wall caught my eye
Dorothy and her niece in traditional buckskin and feathers

In the Statuary Gardens behind the museum, Betty & I photographed one another with wolf and bear bronze sculptures donated to the Hall of Fame by world-renowned sculptress Anna Hyatt Huntington. 

This is where Betty & I waived one another onward with our hearts full of gratitude.

Feeling the desire to return to the Southern Plains Indian Museum down the street, I arrive to discover that it's closed once again - this time for a lunch break. Laughing with affirmation, I realize that I am complete in Oklahoma.  My prayer was answered and manifested through meeting Grandma Dorothy Whitehorse.  

 Photos of Oklahoma terrain

Driving along back roads of Western Oklahoma
 for over an hour before hooking up with the interstate, 
I came upon...

The Caddo Nation was previously known as the Caddo Tribe of Oklahoma.  The tribal complex, dance grounds and the Caddo Heritage Museum are located south of Binger. 5757 people are enrolled in the tribe, with 3044 living within the state of Oklahoma.

Downtown Caddo


Comments such as this one -from my son- deeply bless my journey. 


Early afternoon, I'm back on the road again.  My first thought I would listen to Western Music heading for Texas, although I find my choice is a CD of traditional Hawaiian music to honor all cultural ancestors and the peaceful spirit glowing in my heart from this beautiful day.  It is the Aloha Spirit that leads my way and guides my actions.  Sweetly I move onward.  -Marya Hawaiian Sister, thank you for this wonderful CD "Kealii" that you gifted me.

And from my son,
Enjoy your morning museum visit and exploring the southwest   :)Safe travels. Cool Runnings.
Amen.Awoman.Asoul
Goodnight,  
Eitra
               Thanks Babe! Your warm wishes and words always bless each step that I take.



Four hours of westward driving and Oklahoma turned into Texas.
  Here are some pics of Amarillo, Texas terrain.

  
ooooo... this red earth is getting me psyched for a long anticipated arrival in New Mexico.
Expected Arrival - tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment