Saturday, November 10, 2012

11/10/12 - Arrived in Amarillo, Texas just before dark. Ah... where to spend the night...that is the question.  Various thoughts are running through my head and after awhile I silence them praying for a quiet, warm, safe, affordable place to stay.  Up ahead I spot the Texas Travel Information Center.
Always looking forward to being greeted by each state with Welcome Center employee smiles and
freely offered informative literature. When I asked the attendant for suggestions on very affordable accommodations, right away she replied, "you can stay here!  Travelers do that all the time."


That's me in the photo! 
 
When I discovered the area was patrolled by a 24 hr. guard, had bathrooms very close by, (146 leisurely meditative steps actually (felt like counting them for the fun of it), and the temperature was forecasting a comfortable 55 degrees, I decided sleeping in my car right here worked just fine for me.   

 Thanks to a local hotel just down the street and my willingness to speak up and ask for my what I needed, I was offered the warm, cozy lobby to set up a writing area and blogged several hours.

If you haven't noticed by now, 
 a few of my personal mottos are
 "You never know unless you ask
"Ask and you shall receive."
.. and remain open and focused on wonderful surprises!  
 
Here's the makeshift bed in my back seat. It's quite comfortable even though I can't totally stretch out my legs.  It looks really small here, but that's just the angle of the pic
 

 Gabriele, thank you again, sister,
 for suggesting I create a sleeping nest
It works! 

Slept peacefully undisturbed all through the night and rose when the sun beamed its brightness through my house windows.  I am referring to my car for it is my home in current time.  Opening the drivers side window, I greet a new day with a smile on my face in a hum in my heart. 
Thank you hospitable Texan folks at the Travel Information Center
for a good night's stay! 

With a banana and protein bar in my tummy, I'm on the road again.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment