Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10/16/12 - I am staying with BJ in her 5th wheel trailer parked next to the Unity Church.


BJ is a strong entrepreneurial woman!  Her life stories are a testament of  living life with gusto!  Hearing and swapping life's inspirational tales ranks very high on my personal Joy of Living list.  My stay with BJ is powerfully increasing my enthusiasm towards embracing the infinite possibilities that abound! I have met another free spirit sister!

 

In the Spirit of sharing inspirational adventures, BJ has granted me permission to share some of her life with you. Her entrepreneurial business fields have been in scuba and aquatics, catering, auctioneering and estate liquidating, convention and special events management, tourism as a wholesale group tour producer.  "Having an entrepreneurial spirit means making things happen!" 
Our time together encompassed our I AM spiritual connection and healing pursuits.

Having owned and operated the first group sightseeing tours of Memphis, I received one of her awesome tours just the other day as we explored many highlights of this wonderful town.  While BJ talked a whirlwind, I drove.    Stay tuned --- after I explore Memphis on foot with notepad and camera in hand, I will share my education and photos! 
BJ & the Mississippi River

Today's out and about exploration:

Maggie's Pharm (Herbs, Oils & Other Things). natural soaps, herbs, all kinds of wonderful smells.

Stopped at Smooth Moves for a wonderful healthy lunch and fresh juicer! carrot, beet, celery, wheatgrass is my favorite combo!  YUM!  A self-awareness and culture shock came over me when I looked at the physique of the women waiting on us in this health conscious restaurant.  Through the years, all the places I've lived and visited showed me a stereotypical presence of thin yoga-like employees running such establishments.  This lovely woman waiting on us didn't have that look.  I just caught myself stereotyping!  Caught in the act,  I walked outside after lunch to face the changing winds giving thanks for this awareness and praying to be released from conscious and unconscious judgment of all kinds. 

CommUnityCenter (1CommunityCenter.org).   A wonderful space with Holistic Health & Healing, Creative and Spiritual offerings abounding.  Twas a great pleasure meeting you Heather!
This Saturday I'm looking forward to attending the Sufi Retreat and Universal Celebration. I've been desiring to partake in such an event since I left Connecticut 2 months ago... and the opportunity has come.. YAY!!!!

There just happened to be a delivery truck  from Woodson Ridge Farms, Oxford, Mississippi,  (www.woodsonridgefarms.com) making their weekly delivery to the One Community Center.  BJ & I filled up bags of happy fresh organic produce: tomatoes, kale, chard, collards, assorted salad greens, sweet potato, white turnip and beets.  YUM!!!!! What a wonderful rainbow salad we'll have tonight!  Here I am with Leslie and Sarah Jo holding these healthy green pickins!


To top off the day ~ I learned that  BJ was the State side Coordinator for the Elvis fans of Japan for 33 years! Elvis' spirit is incredibly alive in Memphis!  I only ever saw Elvis the commercial performer.  I now know that he was a deeply spiritual, gospel-lover/singer and extremely generous man as well.

Last night BJ invited me to join her for a Tai Chi/Yoga class taught by Master Kang Rhee, Instructor of Elvis Presley.  To find out more about Elvis Karate at the Kang Rhee Institute, click on Elvis Presley underscored above.



 Great class and very unique!
Picked up some valuable tools for self-nurturing



 Came around a corner today and this is what I greeted:
WOW!  What a day! 
I'll sleep like a content little baby tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment