Friday, October 5, 2012

9/24/12 - awoke this morning with great excitement.  Today's the day that I'm going to
........(drumroll please)........
ZIPLINE!!!!!! 
 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.


There are numerous places to zipline around here and it didn't occur to me until my son asked in a phone conversation last evening if I had checked out the website for the company I had chosen to zip line with.  I hadn't; my choice was made based on affordability / getting the best deal.  Well.... that isn't always the best choice.  Thank you babe for reminding me to search the web out before jumping (pun fully intended). After checking several local zip line websites, in comparison, it was clear that the more costly zipline adventure ($30 more) was the one for me.  Climb Works Canopy - the Ultimate Treetop Zip Line Adventure. #1 rated Zip Line in Tennessee! A national leader in zip line design and construction, offering an experience that is unmatched in quality and safety.


Climb Works Greeter - what a sweetie!

Experiencing the Smokies through a bird's eye view zipping over ravines, streams, trees and gorgeous views of the National Park was FABULOUS!!!  Experienced 9 different zip lines lasting 2 1/2 hours.  The longest zip line was 1,200 ft and the highest was 200 ft.  I WOOHOO'd and CROW'd all the way!!!  Flying with grace and ease - no hesitation from the get go - would do it again in a heartbeat!

g
                                                       walking the canopy swing bridges


 
Can you see me in the photo above?

 




Zip line instructors ---- great guys
who love their jobs and bring great fun and
encouragement to the experience.  They work
wonders with first timers and those fearful
of heights --there was one of them in our group!
She ended up taking the plunge and was glad she did.



 Love their motto:  Ready to C.L.I.M.B?  Challenge. Learn. Inspire. Master. Believe.


Zip lining has been on my bucket list for a very long time.  
CLIMB WORKS Canopy
The Ultimate Treetop Zip Line Adventure 

FABULOUS!  
Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment