Friday, October 5, 2012


10/4-10/7/12 -  I'm in the car as a passenger heading from Greenville, South Carolina to Charleston with Gabriele and Pat, who have generously invited me to join them for a long weekend stay with their good friends McIver and Harriet.  


 In conversation along the way, I was sharing with Gabriele my privilege of working as full time staff at High Hopes Therapeutic Riding Center in Connecticut for the last 10 years. Just as I was remarking about the magnitude of committed volunteers and generous spirit of High Hopes, the acknowledgement of Renya Day, and the abundance of generosity and blessings in support of my traveling journey, Gabriele pointed out a synchronicity ..... a car just ahead of us displayed a license plate that read:  BORN2GV.  (Born to Give) WOW! Together we laughed and mutually validated how much we love being in tune with the reflections of universal flow and divine synchronicity. It's so much fun and all it requires is openness and paying attention to the magnitude of life force that is everywhere.


In 4 hours we've arrived!  Harriet and McIver are a gracious couple that live in a beautiful Charleston home. The architectural beauty, art and culture here are glorious to behold.  



  Throughout the weekend, a beautiful quality I have observed that Harriet and McIver & Gabriele and Pat have in common is that their relationships are deeply loving, sweet, and playful.  Being in their presence is delightful and deeply enriching.  I especially love how Pat and McIver honor and adore their women. 

 I remember Brevard, whose now in the heavens, being that way with me.  I truly believe it has something to do with being southern gentlemen.  Pat, storytelling brother, I hold many of your wonderful stories dear and loved when you shared that growing up your dad always kissed your mom before leaving the house and on the rare occasion when he forgot, he would only get so far, turn around and come back with that kiss. (S-W-E-E-T)

It's been a great visit! Here are a medley of pics:

 
 
 

Thank you for 
inviting me to join you...
your gracious hospitality...
the honor of sleeping in Elizabeth's room...
the historical tour of Charleston...
all the stories, laughs, 'malaprops', card playing, and
dining at the round table...
the piano melodies streaming from the parlor.







No comments:

Post a Comment