Wednesday, October 17, 2012


10/17/12  - another gorgeous day - sunny, leaves changing color, slight breeze ~ hummmmmm'ing right along with nature's beauty and bounty! Today is a day to catchup with blogging. Living in the moment is offering me the opportunity to be more present with myself  and others.  It is my hope that you are able to glimpse that through my writing. I've journaled a great deal throughout my life whenever I felt inclined to do so.  This blog writing  is different in that it's giving me the opportunity for writing to become a daily practice.  This commitment building momentum day-by- day is creatively invigorating.

Yesterday I had a conversation with Julianne, Business Manager at the Unity Church office.  She was sharing with me the same momentum that she experiences through running, and how running is a wonderful metaphor for life.  I've always been a spurt runner instead of a sustained runner and I can apply that to almost every other area of my life.  Thank you Julianne, for sharing the following bible verse  "Run with perseverance the race set before you."  Hebrews 12:1

Before dinner, I walked the labyrinth on the church grounds.  This labyrinth is a spiral design.  I've always had an affinity for spirals, doodling them on pieces of scrap paper everywhere.  The Spiral symbolizes the evolution of life.  All life originates from the center and returns to the center.  As I walked about the spiral I chose to dance a paneurhythmy sacred movement called "conquering" that invites the dancer to be mindful step by step while keeping the eyes focused on the goal, avoiding distraction. Loving so many things, I have always been one to be easily distracted. I fixed myself on each step towards the goal realizing the bigger picture of this labyrinth walk....I am driving the distance.... practicing sustained momentum.  Along the labyrinth path, I met another walker.  Our feet converged on the same pathway.  What is one to do?  Bow and let the other go by?  Greet?  Ignore? Exchange? Remembering that upon life's path we are all One, interconnected, what is our response when we meet another?  However we genuinely respond is a self- reflection of who we are in that moment.  Labyrinth walks are a powerful opportunity for inner and out growth.


After dinner, I walked next door to the Unity Church for a Reiki session.  For those of you reading who may not know, Reiki is a Japanese technique for relaxation and healing. The word Reiki is a Japanese technique for relaxation and healing, comprised of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". Reiki is "spiritually guided life force energy." If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.  A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you.  Ahhhhh..... what a wonderful gift offered freely from the Unity Church Caring Center.  In deep relaxation, I am now humming again!

Returning peacefully to BJ's 5th wheeler where I'm spending the night, heavy rains suddenly fell and thunderstorms sounded. Shortly thereafter area tornado warning sirens started going off - because of this little pocket we're in the tornado went around us.  What a night!  -sigh of relief and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment