Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/25/12 -pm - arrived in Bill Clinton's hometown, Hot Springs, Arkansas this afternoon. Walked up and down Central Ave to get a feel for this town and my place in it.  Almost went to the Hot Springs State Park, but just drove on by.  Almost scheduled a mineral bath, but passed on by when I discovered that the bathing suit bottoms I have with me are made of a fabric that could potentially tint the tub water.  These upscale bath house gift shops sell bathing suits, tried on a few, none of them look or feel right, so I'm letting go of this opportunity for now.  Here are some pics of these beautiful bathhouses along bathhouse row.
A little history about Bathhouse Row:  several of these bathhouses have been in continuous operation since 1912. Over the years, thousands of visitors and local residents have found therapeutic healing and relief from various ailments.  The thermal mineral water comes from 47 protected springs located along the lower slopes of Hot Springs Mountain.  Maintaining an average 143 degrees at their source, with an average flow rate of 700,000 gallons per day, the water is cooled and used in thermal mineral water baths at a maximum temperature of 100 degrees. 

 


Hot Spring waters everywhere  ~ wow! been paying for spring water for so many years now.. how refreshing to bring your jugs, as many as you'd like, and help yourself to free fresh mineral rich water! There are several fountains spotted throughout this historical district!

 
 
 

While filling up my jugs, I met these two gents filling up several jugs. One of the men handed me a box of crystals and said, "take a couple. These pop up from my backyard all the time."  Accepting his generosity, I took note how accustomed I've become to hearing Ma'am (yes Ma'am, thank you Ma'am) since being in the south these past several weeks.  For some reason growing up in the north, I recall how odd and uncomfortable this expression was to me and now I find it absolutely honoring and charming!

The World's Finest Quartz Crystals

The ancient Ouachita Mountain area of Arkansas was considered a mystical location by Native American tribes. The hot and cold springs in the "Valley of the Vapors" (now the city of Hot Springs) was considered a place of peace for even warring tribes. Shaman traveled to "power points" in the mountains where the earth's energy was said to be the strongest, and the beautiful Arkansas quartz  of the Ouachitas were believed to have sacred and spiritual significance.Geologists say that Arkansas and Brazil have the best quality quartz in the world, and today rockhounds, families and tourists from all over the world head for the Hot Springs and Mount Ida area to go prospecting in the abundant Quartz crystal deposits of the Ouachitas.

Continuing on my stroll, I discovered a shop that sells crocks and bought a pair, just the kind I've been looking month for.  Yay!  While there, the shop honor offered me a complimentary 5 minutes on the Jigglin' George.  What's that?

 Jigglin' George New Life Exerciser
http://www.jigglingeorge.com/

A New Life Exererciser with side-to-side rocking motion (which simulates the movement of fish swimming) which stimulates the entire body from head to toe. Known to defeat diabetes, arthritis pain, knee pain, back pain, restless leg syndrome, fibromyalgia pain, numbness in feet and toes, neck pain, shoulder pain, obesity, osteoporosis, poor blood circulation, sore muscles, cerebral palsy, asthma, those who have had strokes, soreness due to car accidents and sports injuries.  Helps the young and old, the healthy and not-so healthy.  - I'm glad I had the experience. 
If your interested, the website offers a lot of affirming testimonials.  If any of you blog readers are inspired to purchase one of these machines and/or network it, please include the Dealer Code  reference: Hotsprings.

OK, what now I wonder....  I return to my car to go feed the "meter maid". No free parking around here - the choice is meters or parking lot attendants. 

Next I decide to scan over the tourist materials that I picked up from the tourist center.  Something catches my eye: Hot Springs Reservation - Manataka American Indian Council. Right away I feel a connection and call the phone number, and all of a sudden I'm speaking to Lee Standing Bear Moore.  I tell him of the purpose of my working journey and the strong energy I feel inside of me about Manataka inviting him to tell me the story so that I can learn more. During our conversation he acknowledges that he feels the spirit connection with me and wishes he could meet me at Gulpha Gorge at Hot Spring Mountain, but is unable to.  He has been in ceremony the past several days and now "this old bear needs to rest" - keeping his promise that he would go into his cave for the next few days.   

Lee Standing Bear suggests that I go to the Hot Springs National Park and journey there. He tells that there are 3 sister mountains, Hot Springs Mountain, Indian Mountain and West Mountain.  "You will know where to go, you will never go wrong if you follow your spirit."  Agreeing, I can feel both of us weaving the threads of sisterhood and brotherhood for our precious earth, honoring one another's spirit, smiling and laughing in sacred kinship.

Just when I was preparing to head toward the National Forest, the skies began filling with dark clouds and seconds later pelting rain came.  I wasn't going anywhere.  I sat in my car watching the rain form various designs on my car window.  

In the meantime, I was growing very hungry and decided to walk the streets again since the rain was gentler now.  Praying to be led to my highest choice of restaurant for dinner, I came upon Vina Morita - Authentic Latin-Mexican Cuisine.  I'm home!  I exclaimed to myself. There are  places I go and  people I meet that feed my soul readily, easily, and deeply. Even though on the outside, it's an entirely new experience, I experience the familiarity of home. Most often this happens for me when unifying cultures.  This beautiful Mexican family own this wonderful restaurant.  Sitting there waiting for take out, the oneness of sisterhood came over me.  I embraced them, they embraced me, together we are family.  This is my walk, this is my travel, embracing life in sacred kinship.  I have just this moment formed words around the very essence of my journey. I have known the feeling within, but until now I haven't been able to bring clarity to the outer expression of why I am traveling across country.  My eyes are filled with tears as I type these words of personal truth and freedom revealed.  


 Thank you dearest family for embracing me - I loved visiting with you!
 the fish tacos were stupendous!  
For those of you blog readers who may find yourself in downtown historic Hot Springs some day, be sure to visit Vina Moria at 610 Central Avenue.  



It's pouring rain again and almost dark.  My eyes change when the sun goes down and I prefer not to drive after dark, so I've decided to spend the night at a motel tonight.  Me, my fish tacos, and a quiet, clean, comfortable space with Wi-Fi!

Since last night, Manataka keeps stirring around in me - so I decide to look it up on the internet to learn more.  The first thing I see is the image below and these words.  The impact upon seeing this image is more than I can give words to.  Essentially, I am seeing myself in this picture in a huge way. Tears of body*mind*spirit resonance are filling my eyes and I know that there is far more here for me than meets the outer eyes.  It is inner eye time.  It is time to remember.
                            
                                                                            STORY OF MANATAKA

by Lee Standing Bear Moore

THE PLACE OF PEACE

The Sacred Mountain

and Valley of the Vapors 

If you are inspired to learn more about Manataka, the Great Valley of Peace, and the Lady of the Rainbow, google the Story of Manataka.  To learn more about the MOMENT gathering google:  momenthotsprings.com


I am realizing in this moment that I came to Hot Springs, not for the bathhouses, not for the crystal mines, rather for the discovery of Manataka (this reflection of myself).  For those reading this who know about my SpiritEarthWalk, you will know that this image and the event called MOMENT that gathered here just  last weekend resonates with my soul's path 'oh so deeply' as Rainbow Connector and Renya Rainbow Feather.



 THE WORLD DRUM PROJECT and THE MOMENT
 
The World Drum will lead a procession up the Sacred Mountain to open the day of the Moment.  The World Drum was created by Sami Shaman Birger Mikkelson in 2006.  This Drum, as was foretold in the vision of White Cougar, would travel the around Mother Earth sending a vibration of healing and love to the Mother and a wake up call to our species. 
And so the Drum has traveled. 

For six years the Drum has traveled to hundreds of countries and has sang in hundreds of ceremonies.  At dawn on October 20 the Drum will sing with Spiritual Elders of many faiths.  Morten Storeide, who was key in making the World Drum Project a reality, will also be present at the Moment to stand with these Elders in ceremony.

The drum is the heartbeat of the Mother.  We will stand together and share heart space with the Mother and all our relations.

The vibration will grow.  From the feet of dancers, from the sounding of shofars, the trumpeting of conch shells, from sacred drums by sacred fires all over the Earth.   

My next thought comes:  Every part of my being as a rainbow warrior and ancient one housed in this white-skinned 58 year old body, would have absolutely LOVED to have participated in this event.  Trusting in divine order and timing, I know that NOW is my time to be here.

Like picking up a pebble, I add this gem of awareness called Manataka to my Renya Tales and continue on my way honoring spirit loving earth.

So..... what now?  getting hungry.... time for lunch... but before I do....

I've been drinking Yogi teas lately.  Reading the message that dangles off the end of the tea bag.  
             "Love what is ahead by loving what has come before."        
                                                                                                                     -How perfect!    

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed catching up on your adventure, Renya! Your travels sound ever-more inspiring and interesting!

    ReplyDelete