Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10/24/12 - Farewell to Unity Church Memphis in Cordova.


Walking down the path one more time
 to the labyrinth with a heart full of gratitude. 
 

Pausing at the labyrinth entrance

...taking a deep look at the spiral pattern and the path that welcomes footsteps, one step at a time.
Walking the labyrinth, I am energizing the joy, love, desires and intentions that reside within me.
Reaching the center, I fix my awareness on the Quartz crystal. The energetic properties of quartz is amplification and so I amplifying my intentional thoughts seeds.


Looking up to the sky
embracing the vastness above me,


 singing from the divine flame of passion within my heart.


Thank you Julianna for giving me the stack of Peace Pilgrim pamphlets (Steps Toward Inner Peace) to hand out along my way.  Handing them to me takes me back many years when I first heard about the Peace Pilgrim.  Her pilgrimage has always inspired me and here I am now on my own sacred pilgrimage travel.
To quote Peace Pilgrim:
"Pilgrimage is a gentle journey of prayer and example.  My walking is first of all a prayer for peace.  If you give your life as a prayer you intensify the prayer beyond all measure"

"I work for my living in an unusual way. 
I give what I can through thoughts and words and deeds to those whose lives I touch and to humanity.  In return I accept what people want to give, but I do not ask. They are blessed by their giving and I am blessed by my giving."

Just as I wrote those words, 
my body is shivering with goosebumps 
(or as I call affirmation bumps).
 
For those of you blog readers that don't know about Peace Pilgrim, here is a brief introduction:
Peace Pilgrim walked more than 25,000 miles across the country spreading her Message of Peace.  Carrying in her tunic pockets her only possessions, she learned the way of peace, walking until given shelter and fasting until given food.  She talked with people on dusty road and city streets, to church, college, civic groups, on TV and radio, discussing peace within and without.

Peace Pilgrim lived from 1908-1981.    Her pilgrimage was from 1953-1981.

I invite you to visit:  www.peacepilgrim.com
to learn more about the inspirational mission of Peace Pilgrim.





No comments:

Post a Comment